Administration & Structure
Wahroonga Adventist School, as part of the Adventist School System, is registered and accredited by the New South Wales Board of Studies. This body regulates all independent schools in NSW, and dictates the New South Wales Curriculum guidelines and outcomes.
We support and exceed all the regulatory standards and accreditation standards set out by the NSW Board of Studies, as well as following all Federal Government guidelines.
In addition, Wahroonga Adventist School is a member of the Association of Independent Schools of NSW.
The direct/local administration of the school is delegated to a School Council appointed by the company Board, with the advice of representatives elected by each constituent church. The School Council comprises nine members representing constituent churches selected by the Board of Directors, the school principal, and at least one representative at each meeting from the Board of Directors. The School Council usually meets on a monthly basis during school term. To bring matters to the attention of the board, you should contact the Principal, who is the Secretary of the Council.
We also run the Wahroonga Home & School Association - a committee of parents and teachers selected by the School Council to support the function and administration of the school in a variety of ways:
- Promotion of a sense of community
- Work to raise funds to provide the school with additional facilities and equipment
- Assist the school with the organisation and running of special events
- Advance the cause of Christian education in the home and school
- Foster understanding, appreciation and co-operation between teachers and parents
- Support the School Council with its aims and objectives
The Wahroonga Adventist School is owned and operated by Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Greater Sydney) Ltd, an organisation of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.