Wahroonga Adventist School is owned and operated by Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Greater Sydney) Ltd, an organisation of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It is registered and accredited by the New South Wales Board of Studies, which regulates all independent schools in NSW and dictates the NSW curriculum guidelines and outcomes, including responsibilities regarding the Australian curriculum. In addition, we are a member of the Association of Independent Schools of NSW.
Click relevant title below to expand for further information
The local administration of the school is delegated to the School Council. The Council is appointed by the Company Board of Directors and comprises nine members from surrounding SDA churches, the school principal and at least one representative from the Board of Directors. The School Council meets on a monthly basis during school term. To bring matters to the Board, please contact the principal who is also secretary of the Council.
The New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) endorses our curriculum and all of the courses that we offer are either NESA prescribed or endorsed. Built into these courses are a range of learning styles that meet the needs of the majority of students.
Our Home and School Association is a committee of parents, teachers and friends that supports the function and administration of the school in a variety of ways. The Home and School Association:
- Promotes a sense of community
- Raises funds to provide the school with additional facilities and equipment
- Assists the school with the organisation and running of special events
- Advances the cause of Christian education in the home and school
- Fosters understanding, appreciation and co-operation between teachers and parents
- Supports the School Council's aims and objectives